Liquid Controls Positive Displacement Flowmeters are precision made liquid measuring instruments that maintain precise and accurate metering over long periods of operation. Simplicity of design and construction, together with sustained accuracy, has led to the widespread use of PD Series meters within a variety of highly valuable custody transfer applications throughout the world.
The positive displacement principle is the ONLY accurate method of measuring fluid flow. No other technology can achieve such accuracy because measurement becomes inferred, which is indirect and subject to assumption. The Liquid Controls Positive Displacement Flowmeter series directly converts volume to rotational output with minimum scope for error and with minimal disturbance from surrounding conditions such as variations in temperature, pressure or viscosity.
Liquid Controls M-Series™ rotary motion positive displacement (PD) meters offer the ultimate in measurement accuracy for custody transfer of petroleum products, aviation fuels, LPG, and a broad range of industrial liquids. LC meters incorporate a unique design, presenting minimal intrusion in a flowing stream of liquid, as well as minimal pressure drop through the meter. The LC meter consists of a housing in which three synchronized rotors turn with no metal-to-metal contact. Hydraulic sealing is accomplished by a stationary boundary layer of liquid, not by the wiping action of mechanical parts
- Low pressure drop.
- Sustained accuracy—no wear from metal-to-metal contact inside the measuring chamber means minimal deterioration in accuracy over time, fewer recalibrations, and longer service life. Meters conform to NIST and International Weights and Measures accuracy requirements.
- Wide temperature range—products can be metered accurately from -40° F (-40° C) to 160° F (71°C).
- Wide viscosity range—LC meters can accurately meter products from less than 30 SSU (less than 1 centipoise) to 1,500,000 SSU (325,000 centipoise).
- Maximum adaptability—right angle design with choice of stock or custom elbows/ fittings provides unequaled mounting flexibility to meet your installation requirements.
- Rated to 150psi / 10.5 BAR.
More information can be found at https://www.lcmeter.com/.