At Centennial Equipment, a distributor of liquid metering pumps and dosing pump systems in Colorado, Wyoming and the Rocky Mountain states, we provide comprehensive knowledge for your precision metering and dosing requirements. We work with leading metering pump manufacturers to provide solutions tailored for metering for municipal water, chemical and other precision dosing applications.
Our experienced staff will partner with you to help design customized, energy efficient, cost effective, and dependable systems that meet the technical and performance requirements of your pump dosing process.
Contact us for assistance selecting a metering pump, maintaining your existing pumps, or designing a chemical dosing system. We offer a wide range of metered dosing pumps from top pump manufacturers. Browse our products below.
A metering pump is a positive displacement pump that moves fluids via expanding and contracting cavities. Metering pumps (also called dosing pumps) are designed to dispense fluids with consistent volume and steady flow. They operate with a high degree of precision and accuracy.
There are several types of metering pumps:
1. Gear pumps use rotating cogs or gears to transfer fluids.
2. Diaphragm dosing pumps use a flexible reciprocating membrane (diaphragm) to move fluid in and out, and they are sealless.
3. Hydraulic Dosing Pumps are used often in high pressure applications and use a hydraulic fluid to create back pressure.
4. Peristaltic pumps use a roller device to move fluid through a hose so fluid does not come in contact with the pump or outside environment.
5. Piston pumps use one or more reciprocating pistons inside a cylinder, driven by a crankshaft and connecting rod.
6. Syringe pumps use a syringe with a pusher block connected to a plunger.
The terms dosing pump and metering pump are often used interchangeably. Both deliver a controlled, predetermined amount of fluid to a system. These liquid metering pumps can be ideally suited for certain conditions.
Some applications for a positive displacement dosing pump include:
For a chemical metering pump, applications include challenging environments like high pressure and high temperature.
Metering pumps offer several design advantages to meet precise application requirements.
There are several types of metering pumps suited to specific applications. Selecting the right dosing pump depends on the pumping fluid, flow rate, and operating environment.
Our team of engineers can help you develop durable, cost-effective metering pump solutions in Colorado, Wyoming and the Rocky Mountain states. Contact Centennial Equipment today and let our engineers help you select or maintain your metering pumps and dosing pump systems.