Canned Motor Pumps
Canned motor pumps combine the motor and pump into a compact design. These seal-less pumps are ideal for applications that require handling toxic, explosive, expensive, hazardous, carcinogenic and corrosive fluids without leakage or emissions. In addition, canned motor pumps:
- Offer airtight designs ideal for vacuum services or fluids with high reactivity
- Do not have a dynamic mechanical seal or gland packing
- Don’t require external lubrication
- Can be rated like pressure vessels to handle conditions from full vacuum to 5,000 psi / 35 MPa
- Operate quietly due to enclosed design and absence of a cooling fan
- Are certified explosion proof
View 21 Videos on Pump Circulation Paths
Chempump NC series models are leakproof and offer secondary containment of the process fluid as well. These environmentally friendly Seal-less ANSI Pumps are the only canned motor pump to meet two industry specifications for seal-less pumps:
- ASME B73.3M Specification for Sealless Horizontal End Suction Centrifugal Pumps for Chemical Process
- Hydraulic Institute's Sealless Centrifugal Pumps Standard ANSI/HI-5.1-5.6 for both performance and dimensional standards
Other Chempump models include the Chempump Dynapump series, canned motor pumps that deliver dependable, leak-proof, economical pumping performance.
Rotary Guardian Bearing Wear Monitor
Every Teikoku seal-less ANSI pump comes standard with a TRG, Teikoku rotary guardian continuous bearing wear monitoring. The TRG is an electrical meter that continuously monitors both axial and radial wear, and shows the real-time progress of bearing wear and any incorrect rotor position. The TRG indicates any serious pump malfunction, and it can optionally be connected to an alarming device.
The Teikoku Rotary Guardian (TRG)* takes the “mystery” out of canned motor pump operation by utilizing real time output of critical running clearances to both monitor current conditions and develop data based preventative maintenance schedule.